The Advisory Board for the “Digital Future of Journalism” Program has been created with the aim of facilitating the development of Ukrainian journalism and controlling the proper use of Program funds. The activity of the Advisory Board is outlined in the Statute of the Advisory Board.
The main tasks of the Advisory Board are:
- Providing for transparency and openness of the Program;
- Participating in development of criteria and participant selection for the Program;
- Holding master-classes for the Program participants;
- Evaluating the results of work performed during Program term;
- Controlling Program implementation throughout its duration;
- Creating recommendations for the strategy of Program implementation;
The authority of the Advisory Board encompasses:
- Discussion and approval of reports by National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” about Program implementation;
- Creation of expert and working groups if necessity arises;
- Attracting interested experts who are not part of the Advisory Board to join in the work;
- Consideration of documents and materials received during the Program term and their evaluation;
- Assessment of the effectiveness of Program implementation and informing the “Development of Ukraine” Foundation about the evident shortcomings.
The members of the Advisory Board are as follows (upon agreement):
Vyacheslav Bryukhovetskyy – honorary President of NaUKMA, President of International charitable foundation of KMA Renaissance;
Anatoliy Zabolotnyy – Director of “Development of Ukraine” Foundation;
Natalia Lygachova – Editor-in-Chief of “Telekritika”, member of the National committee of ensuring freedom of speech and informational sphere development;
Oleksandr Martynenko – Director General of “Interfax Ukraine” information agency;
Andriy Myroshnichenko – Advisor for Head of Advisory Board of International Charitable Foundation “Ukraine 3000”, member of the National council on television and radio broadcasting;
Yulia Mostova – Editor-in-Chief of “Dzerkalo Tyzhnya” (Weekly Mirror) newspaper;
Guillermo Schmitt – Director General of CJSC “Segodnya Publishing Group”;
Savik Schuster – TV anchor for “TRC Ukraina” channel.